• b student / murderer / human / original carrier / biography
" What did you do tonight, darling?
- I learned to practice using...
- What? Coke?
- Using. My. Gift.
- Are you aware of what your supposed Gift is?
- So, what? You thought you'd engage in a spot of casual murder this evening?"
Her eyes narrow.
"I did not kill anyone. They helped me. Showed me how they started practicing to make their Gift stronger.
- And you think that's a good idea for you. Really."
I look at the slip of this girl and wonder, fleetingly and for the first time, if I help her undress tonight, will there be someone else's blood on her skin? Or just on her hands?
Mara chose a different path and a different person to lead her through it.